Geological-Mining Information System Node
| The Geological-Mining Information System from the Mine Service of the Industry, Energy and Mines General Directorate, (DGIEM) is configured as a system of permanent information, which manages information on mining.
It is structured as a Geographic and Spatial Information System (GIS / LIS) which along the years, has made a series of computer databases, alphanumeric and graphic, operating at an advanced stage, bringing together a considerable volume information in the field of geology and mining in Spain.
The system manages knowledge grouped into the following key areas: geological and mining infrastructure, I+D, Andalucía Mining Registry, and Administrative Streamlining Mining Statistics, linked to different phases of the mining cycle (exploration, research, exploitation and profit.)
The main contents of SIGMA are:
- Mining Record of Andalusia: In this section you can perform searches and queries of Mining Laws sotred in the Mining Registry of Andalusia Database. As well as print listings and query graphs.
- Mapping Viewer: This application is intended to give users the ability to see different on-line information related to mining and geology of Andalusia, among which include the information of Mining Laws of the Andalusia Autonomous Community and Information Mining Geological Map of Andalusia 1:400,000 scale. The application is an interactive map viewer and on-line. The user through his web browser can perform typical operations of any GIS tool consultation, such as navigating the map, the selection of map elements, zoom, calculation of areas of influence, printing maps, etc.
- Products Catalog: This section is the catalog of products offered by SIGMA, among which highlight, the MAGNA, Andalusian Mining Register, 1:400,000 scale Geological Map of Andalusia, etc.
- Tools: This section contains conversion utilities of coordinates (Geographic, UTM and vice-versa) as well as changes in spindle.
- Mines. Legal System: This section is for consultation of the main laws, rules and regulations in the field of mining.
SIGMA access url: http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/innovacioncienciayempresa/sigma/